Fuel Gauge Question

jpjeep26uk

YJ Enthusiast
Hi all. OK so I've just emptied my tank to desert dryness. Then refilled with 3 gallons or so. Gauge is hardly moving from the bump stop, as in just about touching the bottom of the red marker. Surely should be showing at least near rhe quarter way mark? Any suggestions?

You but too much faith in the accuracy of a factory fuel gauge, lol. I can go till it's under the E mark and still only put in 16-17 gallons on a 20 gallon tank.

These are more like rough references and probably calibrated a bit to show lower than what's actually in the tank to help keep people from running out of fuel.

Reactions: jpjeep26uk
You but too much faith in the accuracy of a factory fuel gauge, lol. I can go till it's under the E mark and still only put in 16-17 gallons on a 20 gallon tank.

These are more like rough references and probably calibrated a bit to show lower than what's actually in the tank to help keep people from running out of fuel.

Haha, nice one, I was worried there, yet another 40 dollar part flown in for twice the price! I'll put my faith in what the gas station says I put in. Cheers.