Front axle breather / vent tube

rct2000

My 92 YJ has a piece of hose hanging out of the front axle housing. I believe it is for venting, and it would make sense its other end should go to a higher place, terminating with a breather. But the hose seems cut, and there is just about 1 ft hanging off the housing. Where is this hose supposed to end?
Also, close to the top left radiator corner, there is a piece of hose (about 1 inch long) held by a clip. Would this be the end section of that vent hose?

My 92 YJ has a piece of hose hanging out of the front axle housing. I believe it is for venting, and it would make sense its other end should go to a higher place, terminating with a breather. But the hose seems cut, and there is just about 1 ft hanging off the housing. Where is this hose supposed to end?
Also, close to the top left radiator corner, there is a piece of hose (about 1 inch long) held by a clip. Would this be the end section of that vent hose?
That's where it is on my '92. From the diff up to the left (driver's) side of the radiator.

No clip on mine and it's just wedged near the radiator and power steering reservoir. No clip on mine so I guess I should tie-wrap it to something nearby. Looks like I'm also missing the top cap of the plastic vent piece.

Just cut off an inch and bring it to a friendly auto parts store to match up the correct size.

Yeah, left of the radiator is where it would be mounted. Sounds like it may have got snagged or something and was cut? Should be a little white breather "cap" on it.

purchase the hose about any auto store, the white cap is available from summitt racing(cheap)

purchase the hose about any auto store, the white cap is available from summitt racing(cheap)