Fan hitting shroud after lift kit

BuckeyeJeep

95 YJ, 4 liter 5 speed
Just put a RC 4” suspension lift on. Put on the TC spacer bar and a new skid plate while I was at it.
Tightened everything up and started the Jeep and the fan is hitting the shroud just slightly towards the top of the shroud.
Trimmed the shroud where it was hitting, and test drove it and now it sounds there is still a slight rub when turning.
Is this normal after a lift? Thoughts on what’s causing it?
Thank you

The reason is because your transfer case drop tilted the driveline. The pivot points are the motor mounts which is why the fan lifted and hit the shroud. I don’t know if you fixed it by trimming or not.

Rub when turning could be tires hitting the leaf springs from being too large. Can fix that with a washer under the steering stop.

Reactions: Scottooooo
So should I continue trimming the fan shroud until I get no rub?
Check the motor mounts?

I feel like the rub when turning is still the fan hitting. I’ll check the tires hitting leaf springs.
But sounds like a “tick” as the fan hits the shroud

Either that or raise the fan shroud if you are indeed still getting rub there.

I can’t logically see how turning would cause the fan to rub vs going straight which is why I suggest checking the tires rubbing against the springs.

Wait, what? A 95YJ 4L 5 speed is supposed to have a fan shroud? PO musta took mine off. No overheating issues. Must not be necessary?

New skid like in aftermarket perhaps with different dimensions? Hows your trans/TC mount? Non stock fan perhaps? I cant see those TC spacers throwing things off so far the fan now rubs. They are typically the same size and on my 91 they leave plenty of clearance up top where the shroud is.

New skid like in aftermarket perhaps with different dimensions? Hows your trans/TC mount? Non stock fan perhaps? I cant see those TC spacers throwing things off so far the fan now rubs. They are typically the same size and on my 91 they leave plenty of clearance up top where the shroud is.
I'm puzzled as well. Haven't really heard of anyone hitting the top of the shroud for any reason. Maybe MML and tcase drop combined? Really need to see pics of the rig to understand what's truly going on with it.