Electric issues

Ooby13

Purchased a non-running 95 2.5 L five speed. Initially when turning the key on the check engine light would not come on it would just crank. Changed out ECU now I have spark and check engine light. I have no power to fuel pump, fuel gauge and horn does not work nor passenger side brake lights or turn signals can anyone please help. I have checked all fuses and relays. Someone placed a Viper 500 alarm that has wires going everywhere. Person I bought it off states they put in new fuel pump. Jeep was sitting in storage for a few years and not ran.

Id start removing 100% of the alarm and any sensors they installed with it. You should be able to easily see the factory wires and get things back as the were. Also many shops use the crapola scotch connectors to scab in alarms and/or stereo systems. The typically cut thru much of the wires strands causing problems or cutting thru them completely. Sounds like your gaining on it with the ECM and Id bet the alarm is the rest of the issue.

Id start removing 100% of the alarm. You should be able to easily see the factory wires and get things back as the were. Also many shops use the crapola scotch connectors to scab in alarms and/or stereo systems. The typically cut thru much of the wires strands causing problems or cutting thru them completely. Sounds like your gaining on it with the ECM and Id bet the alarm is the rest of the issue.
Thanks. They have every connector known under dash