Drive shaft over travel

Laredogdavis

So I recently did a Small block 305 swap. After building the drive train and installing it I've found that my advanced adapters bellhousing is to big and the drive shaft rubs. Has anyone here built something similar and if so how did you cure the front drive shaft interference?

So I recently did a Small block 305 swap. After building the drive train and installing it I've found that my advanced adapters bellhousing is to big and the drive shaft rubs. Has anyone here built something similar and if so how did you cure the front drive shaft interference?
As someone who has done some swaps (not yours specifically) I know that they are never without "bugs".
Had the same problem on a Pinto swap into a "43 GPW, and ended up cutting off an ear for the starter.

My thoughts are if you have clearance to the hood and floor, raise the motor mounts and/or a t-case lowering kit.
Engine lift mounts are available for factory engines, for your swap, I dunno.
If you don't have clearance, a small body lift is relatively inexpensive (if you don't already have one).
Otherwise you're looking at clearancing the bell housing and inspection plate with a flapwheel on a grinder.
It may take a combination of all 3.
If you have to grind, please don't use a grinding wheel on aluminum..it can work its way into the wheel and explode it.