What driveshafts will I need for a 4" lift and 35s?

BushBaby473

4" Lift Kit - 35's - Shackles front and rear that like about 1.25"

What Drive shafts will I need????

Can I do the above with stock shafts or not?

Thanks in advance.

4" is stretching things pretty thin for the stock driveshafts and the angles it will make for the u-joints as well as how far it's going to pull the driveshaft out of the back of the transfer case just from the lift. Add in the 35's on stock gears and you are asking for trouble due to all the extra stress it will put on that stock driveshaft to transfer case connection.

You need to add in a slip yoke eliminator kit to the rear of the transfer case, and then you need to measure the distance from the slip yoke eliminator yoke face, to the rear axle pinion yoke face. That is the length that you would need a company like Tom Wood's Custom Driveshafts, or Adams Driveshafts, to build the driveshaft to.

What lift kit are you looking to run?

Really and truly, I would advise not just slapping 35's on. Beginner questions like these kinda sorta tell us that you're just doing the 35's for a look and while that isn't necessarily wrong, it kinda stresses the point that you likely aren't addressing the brakes, steering, etc to actually run the 35's safely and properly. 35's take some money and work to run properly on an older Wrangler; at least to do so safely.

Reactions: gwood804