Does anyone know how to remove YJ wiper arms?

Does anyone know how to remove yj wiper arms
The wiper arm just pulls off. The wiper arm has female splines. The wiper motor arms have male splines. Gently pull the arm straight off and it should slide off without to much trouble.

If they will not budge, a small pry bar can help persuade them off. I would use a rag between the pry bar and the plastic nut that sits against the windshield body in an effort to prevent it from cracking while prying against it.

I used one of my small pry-bars and gently eased it off while gently applying pulling pressure with my free hand. Comes right off.
379692E7-D45A-44E2-86BB-77228B051AC4.jpeg

Yes, took like 5 seconds. Another old saying comes to mind, You don’t know til you know. I was seriously scratching my head on this one. Thanks!

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Yes, took like 5 seconds. Another old saying comes to mind, You don’t know til you know. I was seriously scratching my head on this one. Thanks!
After having my ride apart for a couple months I wasn’t paying much attention when it came time to the re-install of my freshly painted wiper arms and I didn’t put them on the 45 degree angle, I just kinda laid them flat. I didn’t even notice til I’d been driving around for about a week and saw a fellow YJer driving towards me and he flipped me a wave.
Not only were they laying flat, they were backwards. If we’d had any rain and I’d switched them in, instead of swiping up they’d have crushed down into the cowl and done god knows what kind of damage.
But lucky for me, as added insurance, I’m enough of an idiot that I’d also forgotten to plug the wiper motor harness back in so it wouldn’t have been an issue.

Reactions: Fouledplugs