Dimmer Switch Actuator?

JParsons

In tackling the problem of my headlights stuck on high, I discovered that the actuator rod was disconnected from the dimmer switch. Got it seated, but then discovered the rod was not anchored anywhere in the vicinity of the multi-function lever. In fact, upon further research it appears I am missing the plastic piece known as the "dimmer switch actuator". Yeah, it's MIA. Tracking down the problem was how I discovered the name of the needed piece and even got a Mopar part #, however, this particular part was discontinued in 2005 and I can't seem to find one anywhere. Anybody else encounter this mythical beast? Any thoughts on where I might get one? Of course, it seems like the next step is to install a foot dimmer switch. At my age I would probably prefer it anyway.

Yeah, the pull to dim/bright mechanism is quite the Rube Goldberg contraption. The floor dimmer was so much simpler in the CJs. I've kicked around the idea of going to that setup as well in my YJ. To me, it's also much more convenient to activate.

the install and calibration of this is in the free service manual./
the drill bit hole locks it for the install.
ever see the FSM"
no year yj told, so I must read your profile to see that?
91 YJ, 4L m/t
so here it is again, just last week posted all this.
nov, posted

see I even posted the page # and all out of the manual; to do this job, and unlike any other car on earth this is a jeep