Cool/Handy eBay Find! (Replacement Screw Nuts for Parking Lamps and Headlight Trim Rings)

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member
Like probably most YJs, my parking lamp screws and headlight trim ring screws are mostly loose. They thread down, but never get snug. For some reason I always thought they screwed directly into the grille's sheet metal, but instead there are square 9/32" holes with little plastic clips in them. The clips are threaded for #8 and #10 screws. I happened to find these same clips on eBay for $9 for a pack of 25. You only need 12 (4 per headlight and 2 per parking lamp), but what the hel, now I have spares. I'll probably lose them all by the time I need them again, but what can you do :ROFLMAO:

Today I received them and they work exactly as intended! The old ones came crumbling out, and new ones went right in place and are nicely snug like they should be. Install is super easy: reach behind, pinch, wiggle them out. Most of them will probably break when you pinch, but some may stay intact.

25 Pack of 9/32" Square Screw Nuts for Headlight Trim Rings & Parking Lamps

I also ordered a pack of 24 new screws which I put on the tail lights, head lights, parking lights, and side markers. They use T15 instead of philips, which I prefer. I keep a T15 driver in my console so it's no issue ever having the right tool.

24 Pack of Jeep Lighting Screws

IMG_2118.jpeg

IMG_2122.jpeg

IMG_2123.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler YJ Forum may be compensated.
Thanks for the heads up... I just placed my order. I really appreciate this type of "tip" when unique parts like this are located.