Classic Car Insurance

sammyj5290

I'm looking for the best insurance for my Jeep which, since it's a 1990, is deemed as Historic or Classic.

I've heard good things about Haggerty but am looking for other options.

I don't plan on using my Jeep a ton (I work from home), but definitely more than just Sunday drives or pleasure cruises. It's my main source of transportation, but like I said, I don't drive it to and from work every day.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I tried to get classic car insurance for my Jeep last year. The representative said they will not cover anything 4wd.
Hope you have better luck!

Thanks, Jim. Someone on a different forum recommended either Grundy or American Collectors so I'll be looking into those! Apparently Haggerty doesn't insure you if you take the vehicle off roading which... what's the point of having a jeep then? lol

Reactions: Jim Mance
"$500 a year for 3 vehicles with full coverage." Location, location,. location. My Jeep alone added another $800 to my yearly bill, for minimal coverage.

I got a quote from Hagerty for about $260-280 ?, but I keep putting off switching the YJ over. I don't do what most would call "off roading", and when I do I have no chance of hitting anyone else, which is about all my insurance covers so no loss there.

Reactions: sammyj5290
Im told we live in a state with the #1 auto theft occurences. Wish home insurance was cheap here. regardless, shop around. Progressive was literally half of what Geico charged and about 120% less then Allstate.