CA Smog tip/fuel pump replacement tip…

redbullet

YJ Enthusiast
…finished my refresh of a 1992 yj that I started in April 2021. As part of the refresh I put in a new fuel pump, which was a lot of fun…not. Last week I took it for a smog and it failed for an “evaporative system leak.” Turns out it was the fuel tank vents…I should have replaced these when the tank was out for the fuel pump. Fuel tank came out for a second time and I replaced the vents/seals (relatively cheap parts) Consider changes the vents if you ever have the fuel tank out. Happy ending is that my rig is now smogged and ready to hit the road!

F'ing Commiefornia, damn glad to be long gone from that hell hole. We used to live in SLO county. Congrats on winning that battle. They rationing fuel yet there? I used to pay $260 a year on the F250 for regy, registered in AZ when we moved there and it was $62 for 5years. Guess Newscum needs some $$$ for a new girlfriend to hump on.
Sorry for that,couldn't resist.

I got my Texas inspection done recently for around $10 and it passed with a big'ol hole in the muffler. They didn't care. I think as long as the lights and brakes work and it didn't crash into their toolbox it's all good.
If I registered it as an antique this is no inspection but the driving is suppose to be limited to car shows and a few other exceptions.