Brake line extensions on an 88 Wrangler

KenO88Wrangler

Hi folks, doing a lift kit (2.5") on my 88 wrangler - noticing the brake lines need to be extended - the rears are pretty self explanatory - need a longer hose, but while the same for the fronts - i'm not seeing where the connection is to extend. Has anyone experienced this and have a solution? thanks appreciate your time.

Typically the rubber flex line is replaced with Stainless flex lines, no extending the stockers. I have seen on the rear where the cheapo kits provide a crappy bracket to bolt to the diff and then you bend up your metal rigid line. A new flex line is best in back as well.

Reactions: Flyer58
I changed out all my brake lines with a Poly-Armour product which can easily be formed by hand without crimping while bending. Very easy to do. You just need to save your existing fittings of get new ones and then flair the ends to fit. On this Jeep I went with the standard rubber lines but have used stainless flex lines in the past. Either way all the flex connection lines need to be changed as well because they collapse and stop the brake fluid from returning to reservoir. That's what started my brake overhaul, the front right brake was dragging and getting hot.