Bought an abandoned project 1993 2.5 AX-5

MJW

I've always wanted a wrangler but around here in NJ most are rusted POS's that people still want 5K for them. So I found this while cruising FB marketplace (of course). It has a perfect frame and was cheap as it only ran on ether PO claimed it needed a fuel pump(it didn't). It has a lot of new parts and came with some extra parts, mostly bling but some upgraded parts.

My plan is to fix all the little stuff keeping it basically stock just cruise around town and take it to my place in PA that has some woods to play in.

This picture is how I got it. I'll post more picts as necessay or by request if anyone reads this or cares.

I'm doing this build thread for me to keep track of everything that has been done prior to me and the stuff I do.

The good:
Engine rebuilt
Trans rebuilt
transfer case serviced
Frame is perfect, just surface rust
Only rust is drivers rocker and floor that need patches
New Windshield frame
New Exhaust
New wheels (wrong offset) and 2016 tires bought in March 2022 (ouch)
New battery but wrong size (Its for an F150 but it fits and will be good with the winch)
Full doors
Hardtop
Tom Woods front and rear drive shafts

The Bad:
New windshield frame was not painted before installation, I've since removed it and painted it but did not remove glass (I'm sure eventually I'll regret this).
Tons of little things mostly electrical.
Some stuff not connected/installed/half assed
Weird LED headlights.

Needs to be installed:
Brand new rocker guards (came with)
New back half of exhaust (came with)
New Fender Flares and side marker lights (came with)
OG airbox and intake (I can't stand the chrome pipe and cone filter.) (ebay)
Correct Trans mount, (ebay)
New drivers floor pan, patch hole in rocker.
9500Lb Badlands winch to use at PA property for dragging and lifting stuff.

Things that have been done so far by my mechanic because I have no garage and I'm done doing stuff on my back in the driveway:
Rewire fuel pump, critters chewed up all the wiring on top of the tank so it had to be dropped to be fixed.
Rear Brake line was not connected and was original so I had him replace the line.
Front drivers side brake line wasn't installed (bolt in prop valve port) and cooked the passenger caliper (replaced)
New front brake hoses

Some little things I've done
bolted down the hard top, still need to install front clips.
Battery hold down
New battery cables and clamps (had left overs from hot rod build)
Clean up some underhood wiring like alternator wired wrong and not charging battery.
Remove, de sticker, paint, re install windshield (2 day project)
extract broken end of turn wiper stalk and install new one (full day project)
new rear window lifts
fix horn and install the new Grant wood steering wheel it came with.
Every wheel was missing one lug nut so I bought a set of black to replace chrome.
Not real sure about the chrome grill, but it is growing on me.

That's it for now.

93 Wrangler.jpg