Body lift parts

HarryPokker

Hello guys

I would like to lift the body of my YJ. What parts do I need for that besides the bolts and other stuff which goes between the body and the frame? Do I need any transfer case drop kit etc? The lift could be 3-4''. In addition which is preferable - body lift or suspension kit lift?

Thank in advance.

A body lift kit is your best bet, preferably one piece urethane replacements.
The kit will have everything you need in whatever height you you want, otherwise it's just spacers and longer bolts.
Personally I would not exceed 1-1/2" after that they just look ugly.
No other parts are required but you need to be careful you don't stretch or break wires or vac lines.
The telescoping steering shaft may also be frozen and will need to slide.

Spring lifts open a can of worms, start with the body lift.

Reactions: RoxxRocks
Isn't there a potential problem with the shift lever hitting the tub in certain gears after installing a body lift?
With a 3-4" he's talking about, definitely.
One of the reasons, though not stated, I recommended 1-1/2" max.
I would especially be concerned about the t-case selector, it's pretty damn close to the floor as is.
And that much body lift is still just UGLY.

I just installed the daystar 1" body lift on my 90 last weekend. Kit came with everything I needed and installed easy enough. Soaked the bolts in pb blaster everyday for a week prior and made a world of difference. Everything stretched fine and had to relocate the fan shroud 1" lower, took me 1hr by myself to install. If you go more than 1.5" you start stretching brake lines, fuel neck and lines, shifters, harnesses, not to mention its going to look terrible. I bought the kit from Quadratec for $159.

I just installed the daystar 1" body lift on my 90 last weekend. Kit came with everything I needed and installed easy enough. Soaked the bolts in pb blaster everyday for a week prior and made a world of difference. Everything stretched fine and had to relocate the fan shroud 1" lower, took me 1hr by myself to install. If you go more than 1.5" you start stretching brake lines, fuel neck and lines, shifters, harnesses, not to mention its going to look terrible. I bought the kit from Quadratec for $159.
I got a Prothane 1" kit from 4WP for about $145.
It was just as easy to install, though I did have the luxury of a lift at my disposal.
The only problems I ran into were a frozen telescope steering shaft and I broke a vac line to the CAD.
A little bit of butt crack, but that was easily enough disguised with some Krylon, otherwise unnoticeable.
In addition to the 2-1/2" spring lift it was just enough to get the stance I wanted.