Black Smoke!

jpjeep26uk

YJ Enthusiast
Hi all
After sitting silent for three months whilst I tried to fix an electrical issue i finally got the old girl to start and stay running.
Yesterday she dismally failed her MOT (UK) on emissions.
Black smoke and running as rough as heck.
I knew she would fail because we took the long route to the MOT to blow three months of cobwebs out and she drove like a dog.
Super crappy power, almost no acceleration and chuntering and faltering etc
What could be causing that? She has new spark plugs, HR leads, coil pack, IAC, ECM, MAP, injector,oil,oil filter etc
Just black smoke and a fuel smell out the back

What am I missing here.?
How do I adjust the mixture to stop it running super rich and smoother like it did three months ago??
Thanks everyone.

Your fuel injected correct? There is no 'adjustment" to cure rich running. If your carbed check the choke plate is open all the way when warm. The float could be saturated and low flooding it or it could be hung up. After sitting 3 months make sure rodents havent built a condo in your air intake or air box.

Your fuel injected correct? There is no 'adjustment" to cure rich running. If your carbed check the choke plate is open all the way when warm. The float could be saturated and low flooding it or it could be hung up. After sitting 3 months make sure rodents havent built a condo in your air intake or air box.
Yeah, single point injector. I'm stumped as I have replaced lots of parts and cleaned up a lot of them in my original quest just to get it running again.

Rodents, good point!
Air intake and box seem ok, although I did notice a bit of an improvement when I took the lid off the box and took the filter out. Nothing major but it ran ever so slightly smoother.

Is it worth dropping the tank and emptying it as it may be crappy fuel?
Or maybe resetting the ECM ?

I run it for a few minutes and the smell of fuel is unreal. Literally waiting for a neighbor to complain.

Cheers!

Quick update, testing the MAP sensor and resetting the distributor to TDC again I spotted tiny air bubbles or oil bubbles oozing out of the front right hand side of the intake where it joins yo the engine body. I figured maybe a bolt was loose and it turns out the front bolt on the side of the intake needed tightening. So I did that and the bolt just kept turning. So I took it out completely and it is totally threaded. Rusted to hell and threaded.
Could that be a contributing factor to anything like rough running? I definitely have a misfire. Could that be related in any way?
Thanks!