Back in the saddle again

Bnd4Drt

Hello all! I figure I'll start a new thread here about my rig! I just picked up a '95 Sahara edition in Moss Green with a manual trans and soft top. She's got 200k miles and is straight up stock, the only changes as far as I can tell is a car alarm (that needs to go), tow bar and electrical wiring associated with it, and a horrible after market stereo. She's got zero rust to the body or frame, has been garaged since 2003 and used as a tow rig (to the tune of about 60k miles). The previous two owners were friends and she came with ALL service records dating back to 2003! It has a new clutch and complete transmission overhaul (completed 9k miles ago when the reverse gear needed to be replaced), new shocks all around were replaced 5k miles ago, new tie rod, ball joints, swing arms, and track bar all done only 3k miles ago! I'm feeling like I struck gold! I've had her parked in my garage for 2 weeks now and there isn't a drop of fluid anywhere!
My wife bought her for me I think because she'd FINALLY gotten tired of hearing me pine for my "best vehicle I'd ever owned". See, I bought a new '95 Sahara back when I was young and broke. I worked construction out of her, weekend camped and wheeled with her, and generally LOVED her! But I finally sold her to my parents so I could buy a pickup with the understanding that I could buy her back if/when they ever decided they were finished with her. Long story short: they sold her w/out offering her back to me! :(
So now I get to do all the things I never was able to aford that first time through! I'm starting with a new stereo and speakers. The stock springs (I don't know why those weren't replaced when all the suspension work was done) are all sitting flat with no more than MAYBE 3" of space before the bump stops hit are being replaced with an Old Man Emu medium duty kit and new wheels and tires. I've been told 32" tires will fit. I'll keep up with updates as best I can.
Cheers!

Topless at purchase.jpg
At purchase 1.png
At purchase 2.png

Wow, really nice find and love the hunter green!

If there was a way to ship reasonably, I'd be interested in the wheels and suspension..... ;) kind of doing a "back to stock" thing myself. Just put on American Racing AR23s but I really want to get back to stock.

Great find and hope you have fun with it!

If there was a way to ship reasonably, I'd be interested in the wheels and suspension..... ;) kind of doing a "back to stock" thing myself. Just put on American Racing AR23s but I really want to get back to stock.

Thanks! I'll let you know what the stock materials look like when I'm done with the install..... what region are you in? I'm in the greater Seattle area.

Cheers!

NM, I'm an idiot..... I just saw your profile's got your location.... I have NO idea what shipping costs would be.

NM, I'm an idiot..... I just saw your profile's got your location.... I have NO idea what shipping costs would be.
Typically, springs are shipped loose in the aftermarket world, it would be acceptable to ship the stock stuff that way as well. Not sure of cost though, but I would be willing to do some digging and find out.

Wheels are pretty easy to ship, they can go in the boxes of the new wheels and they can ship for no too high of a price per, in most cases. Probably would cost me $100-150 in shipping. Maybe we can work something out when you get to that point.

Typically, springs are shipped loose in the aftermarket world, it would be acceptable to ship the stock stuff that way as well. Not sure of cost though, but I would be willing to do some digging and find out.

Wheels are pretty easy to ship, they can go in the boxes of the new wheels and they can ship for no too high of a price per, in most cases. Probably would cost me $100-150 in shipping. Maybe we can work something out when you get to that point.
sure thing..... i'll be updating this thread as I finish the work.... Unfortunately we've got some travel coming up so realistically I'm looking at getting the lift done sometime late July at this point (ARB is back-ordered on their greaseable shackles and predicting 4-6 weeks to get them) that'll push me into my travel schedule, so I'll have to finish all that before I get to start wrenching (and breaking) bolts!

Reactions: machoheadgames
Well.... Toys finally arrived! I've hit everything with PB Blaster once.... gonna do it again then start wrenching, praying for no broken bolts!
OME with greaseable shackles. Got the tires and wheels ordered. Should have those in a week I'm going 33" Milestar Patagonia MT 2.0.
Gonna drive it on the factory gears for a few weeks while I look for an 8.8 or D44 to swap in with 4.88 gear set and an OX locker in the rear..... Haven't decided what to do with the front as far as a locker yet.
Thoughts?

PXL_20230726_010350603.jpg

Reactions: HRDROKN
Hey Bnd4Drt, how did the install go?? I just purchased the same kit and will be installing within the next couple of weeks. Your new Jeep looks awesome and I'm sure you're going to have a blast working on it.

Hey Bnd4Drt, how did the install go?? I just purchased the same kit and will be installing within the next couple of weeks. Your new Jeep looks awesome and I'm sure you're going to have a blast working on it.
Well.... I'm finished with "phase 1" the lift and 35's. Had to strip the rear flares off to fit them.... but that's gonna bring me to "phase 2" I'll be installing new fenders and bumpers when they arrive.... should be in the next week or 2.
As far as the OME kit.... it is GREAT! rides smooth... make sure you pick up the greaseable shackles!
One thing to watch for that I encountered: once I was finished she wouldn't stay in second or fourth..... I had the transmission t case drop kit with my OME kit.... the trick to that is to loosen the 2 nuts you can access through that skid plate then use a prybar to slide the transmission forward (mine only moved MAYBE a quarter inch at the most) then tighten those nuts back up and everything was PERFECT!
If you have questions.... make sure to reach out! I had a lot of fun putting this kit on! Good luck !

Cheers

PXL_20230822_163055691.jpg

• Love
Reactions: HRDROKN