Air conditioner by pass pulley

AmbarYJ

I have read older posts regarding removing the air conditioner compressors from a YJ. I have seen where people have put bypass pulleys on them, and others that removed it, and used a smaller serpentine belt. Those that used a pulley bypass, what model worked for you? I have not been able to find one specifically for a 1989 YJ.
I have no plans to keep it, or turn it into a onboard air compressor.

Thanking you guys in advance!!

Robert

Just install a belt for a non ac rig, no bypass pulley needed.
You can also leave the compressor in place and use it as a pulley, it won't hurt anything.

Just install a belt for a non ac rig, no bypass pulley needed.
You can also leave the compressor in place and use it as a pulley, it won't hurt anything.
Thanks, I tried that. I used MasterPro K060739 serpentine belt. But it appeared as though the belt was touching on the water pump. I did not want to chance it rubbing through. In hind sight, I should have used my phone and take a picture to make sure it was not touching, The bearing in the compressor squeals, so leaving it on is not an option. I plan on getting a bracket from a 1988/89 that does not have air conditioning.
Thanks for your input, I appreciate the response.

Thanks, I tried that. I used MasterPro K060739 serpentine belt. But it appeared as though the belt was touching on the water pump. I did not want to chance it rubbing through. In hind sight, I should have used my phone and take a picture to make sure it was not touching, The bearing in the compressor squeals, so leaving it on is not an option. I plan on getting a bracket from a 1988/89 that does not have air conditioning.
Thanks for your input, I appreciate the response.
I am also wanting to remove the a/c compressor and am looking for the set up for no a/c bracket have you been able to fix this?

I am also wanting to remove the a/c compressor and am looking for the set up for no a/c bracket have you been able to fix this?
What year and engine is your jeep?
On my '95 w/ 2.5 the difference is just the belt length. I installed an ac pump (on board air) and just had to order a belt for a rig that has AC. That was the ONLY difference.
Can you post a pic of the configuration, or at least your engine compartment?