Advice and help! On shocks and interior courtesy lights etc

YJproject95

Hello guys so I found the shocks I want which are the Bilstein 5100 for my Jeep Yj 1995 but I need to know if anyone has tried the bilstien steering dampener and what there thoughts are? Or if anyone knows of a shock that could provide a smooth ride but take potholes etc lmk! Also for the interior courtesy lights has anyone done like an upgrade on those?? If so can anyone give me a hand lol thank you all in advance!!

I have read some think the 5100's are a tad on the firm side, but its so much personal liking to whats "good" I have Rancho 5000X'es on my 91 and like them. far as interior lights, ;like what upgrades? LED strips or??

I also have Ranchos, not sure which model, but they have 5 selectable adjustments. The ride became significantly better when I removed both the front and rear tracking bars, I believe they were binding the shackles not allowing proper movement of the leaf springs. Handling on the freeway and elsewhere seems unaffected.

I have read some think the 5100's are a tad on the firm side, but its so much personal liking to whats "good" I have Rancho 5000X'es on my 91 and like them. far as interior lights, ;like what upgrades? LED strips or??
For the interior lights I was talking bout the courtesy lights that turn on and off when you open doors etc or turn on the inside of cabin lights on the ones by the floor I’ve seen someone buy some new housings and put led bulbs in it and rewired the old one but I’m not sure if I can do that with the yj he had it done on a 2001 tj didn’t know if like my fuse would blow etc

LED typically use far less amperage then incandescent bulbs for the same amount of light produced. Watts divided by volts = amps.
With that being said I’m going to order the housing and led bulbs tonight gotta still get a courtesy light for the passenger side since I need to still the connector from it to not have to hard wire the whole thing

Reactions: JronATL
The little red Jeep has LED strips beside the front seats and above the rear fender wells, licence plate lights under the dash, and an led light on the roll bar right in the middle. When the hard top is installed, that light works too. It's friggin daylight in there.

The ground is ran through a momentary/off/on toggle switch so it's easy to activate the lights with the doors off.

I have no input on Bilstein shocks or dampeners.

Last edited: