95 YJ sway bar quick disconnects

Jpyj95

Hi all, I don’t have too much experience with wranglers but I recently purchased a 95 2.5L Rio Grande with minimal modification and am getting ready to start doing some modification of my own. This jeep will be used a fair bit for off-roading but nothing to intense. The previous owner had JKS sway bar quick disconnects for a 0-2” lift kit in the front. I am about to put on a 2.5” lift kit and don’t know if it would be necessary and or wise to switch out those disconnects for a slightly bigger make just to account for the .5” , thanks!

If you have sway without it and don't like it, keep the sway bar. If you don't, don't. I personally like the sway bar. I felt my YJ swayed too much without a bar even when I had super stiff suspension. With the soft suspension I run now, it felt really dangerous. Your results can vary.

I was going to post about the same subject, but since this one was started I figured I'd ask here. Some might remember that I posted about a 93 YJ 4.0 manual that I traded a Can Am for. I had to meet the guy halfway in Georgia to make the trade. Anyway, it has a 4" lift with 33's and a quick disconnect sway bar that was disconnected, which was fine because I was going to leave it that way anyway.

But yesterday on a two lane highway, a pickup drifted into my lane, I was doing about 60 mph. To avoid a head on collision I had to swerve right at the last second to avoid hitting him. When I did, the YJ didnt react very well at all.

So I thought I'd re-connect the sway bar to see how it handles in a similar test with it connected. It has the quick disconnects, but I'm missing the two center tubes and pins that make the connection. Does anyone know if these can be purchased anywhere separately. or do I need to purchase the whole end links kit to get those two tubes?

I was going to post about the same subject, but since this one was started I figured I'd ask here. Some might remember that I posted about a 93 YJ 4.0 manual that I traded a Can Am for. I had to meet the guy halfway in Georgia to make the trade. Anyway, it has a 4" lift with 33's and a quick disconnect sway bar that was disconnected, which was fine because I was going to leave it that way anyway.

But yesterday on a two lane highway, a pickup drifted into my lane, I was doing about 60 mph. To avoid a head on collision I had to swerve right at the last second to avoid hitting him. When I did, the YJ didnt react very well at all.

So I thought I'd re-connect the sway bar to see how it handles in a similar test with it connected. It has the quick disconnects, but I'm missing the two center tubes and pins that make the connection. Does anyone know if these can be purchased anywhere separately. or do I need to purchase the whole end links kit to get those two tubes?
You could probably find the Clevis pins but I’ve never seen anyone selling the tubes themselves. Probably gonna need to buy a sway bar link kit unfortunately.

You could probably find the Clevis pins but I’ve never seen anyone selling the tubes themselves. Probably gonna need to buy a sway bar link kit unfortunately.
Thanks, thats what I thought. I had done an online search and I could only find the whole kit, so I thought I'd put it out there before pulling the trigger on it.