93 YJlift

TJ701

I have a 93 YJ i just picked up. looking at putting a 2.50inch lift with 31-10.5 -15 tires . will be used for my hunting/fishing excursions . any opinion on best lift kit ? i see some offer different parts and big price difference than others.

I put the Rough Country 2.5 lift on mine and ditched the front and rear track bars. Rides and drives better than before in my opinion. Of course my OEM 94 springs we getting close to reverse arching so anything would have been an upgrade. Also picked up the wheels and tires off Facebook marketplace for $250. 31X10.5X15 Milestar Patagonia A/T's that we pretty much new. I see a lot of people bashing RC, but for those on a budget it's tough to beat.

Jeep before and after.jpg

Jeep.jpg

OME seems to be the way to go, albeit pricey.
Wish I had known about them before doing the Rough Country lift on mine.
They put the Rough in Country, buck-board!

I put the Rough Country 2.5 lift on mine and ditched the front and rear track bars. Rides and drives better than before in my opinion. Of course my OEM 94 springs we getting close to reverse arching so anything would have been an upgrade. Also picked up the wheels and tires off Facebook marketplace for $250. 31X10.5X15 Milestar Patagonia A/T's that we pretty much new. I see a lot of people bashing RC, but for those on a budget it's tough to beat.

View attachment 119193

View attachment 119194
Not to say changing the stock springs out was a bad idea, but based on the pics, yours were in perfectly normal shape. They all look exactly like yours. As for Rough Country, it's not THAT bad, there is a lot worse. BDS was terrible for me, RC was middle of the road. What was terrible about Rough Country for me was the bushings, They wore out super quick and that's a common problem. Swap them out for poly bushings and as long as you don't do activities that wear out the springs, they will work just fine for you long term. the only painful part of swapping the bushings is they use the crappy pressed together sleeved bushings, so it is a busy day getting the old stuff pulled. Once pulled, you can quickly pop in poly's and you're good to go.

All that said, OME truly rides like a cloud compared to everything else, so I don't regret going that route one bit. it does not feel like a YJ at all anymore. It is bizarre to say the least.

Reactions: YJ103
I really like the OME setup on mine, I did not buy a kit but itemized the parts as I saw fit best for my needs. It is expensive, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you truly are wanting top notch. I ran the RC 2.5" for a while and it was not all that bad, mainly just the bushings and shocks sucked. Fix those for an extra few hundred dollars and it's not a bad setup. Me personally, would go OME again though, the ride quality is just much better. I don't know what they do but it works.

Honestly though if your stock stuff is in good shape, I wouldn't think too negatively about just doing a 1.25" body lift. Simple, enough clearance for 31's in most cases, and doesn't mess with any of the driveline. Keeps everything happy. Then if you wanted better ride quality you could just get some new shocks which makes a big difference on stock springs.