89 YJ won't start

DylanB

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me on my 89 with a 4.2 6 cyl. I drive it daily and the other day it started topping out at about 50 mph in 5th gear but I made it home. The next day I made it about a mile and it took a poop on the side of the road. I checked my spark on all plugs and they’re good, I checked fuel to filter and after filter and my carb is getting gas so my fuel pump is working, I went ahead and rebuilt the carb while it’s been sitting just to make sure the jets weren’t clogged but it’s still won’t start not even with starter fluid sprayed into the carb. So I checked compression all around and got readings from about 90 to 95 to about 110 at the most and that’s where I’m at. So I’m bummed, any ideas would be awesome and thank you.

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me on my 89 with a 4.2 6 cyl. I drive it daily and the other day it started topping out at about 50 mph in 5th gear but I made it home. The next day I made it about a mile and it took a poop on the side of the road. I checked my spark on all plugs and they’re good, I checked fuel to filter and after filter and my carb is getting gas so my fuel pump is working, I went ahead and rebuilt the carb while it’s been sitting just to make sure the jets weren’t clogged but it’s still won’t start not even with starter fluid sprayed into the carb. So I checked compression all around and got readings from about 90 to 95 to about 110 at the most and that’s where I’m at. So I’m bummed, any ideas would be awesome and thank you.
Is there a possible timing issue? Odd that it doesnt start with the starter fluid...

Is there a possible timing issue? Odd that it doesnt start with the starter fluid...
I’ve thought of that being a possibility but my distributor cap doesn’t seem to be loose to throw the timing off. And it does seem to try to start with starter fluid but barely maybe for a second