4.6 stroker build

jeepy0706

Hello, I did look and see if this was a topic already and I did not see what I was building exactly, so here we go.

I am building a stroker motor from a 4.2l block, with 4.0 pistons and crank. I used the 52 coded head off of a 4.0hp with all the wiring so I could convert it to fuel injection. I then got a cam from a build I did a few years back it is a 242 crane cam. so, I have all that together and the motor spins great and has great compression. My jeep was the 2.5 so I cut the motor mounts and moved them so I could install the motor. It is in an bolted down fitting good with a 96 grand Cherokee automatic transmission with the wiring harness. I have power to everything and all seems to be working, so your wondering by now what my issue is. well , here it is. I used the fly wheel from a manual trans that fit and bolted on to the auto. The crank sensor is for a auto trans. I think this is where my issue is and why its not cranking up. also I am having trouble mating the 95 wiring harness to the 96 harness so that I can use the 95 dash gauges and the 95 column. I can bypass the column and just use my snap on start button to spin the motor over, but due to the crank sensor I believe my injectors are not pulsing. I due smell fuel and I have made sure that the pump is working. I due have spark and the timing is correct. also, I have a concern that I have spun the motor over to many times trying to start it, cause it feels and sounds like its getting tighter. It does have new oil in it and a good filter. also, I wondered if the injectors are pulsing and the cylinders are getting hydro locked from to much fuel. Any advance from yall would be helpful. Thank yall.

Hello, I did look and see if this was a topic already and I did not see what I was building exactly, so here we go.

I am building a stroker motor from a 4.2l block, with 4.0 pistons and crank. I used the 52 coded head off of a 4.0hp with all the wiring so I could convert it to fuel injection. I then got a cam from a build I did a few years back it is a 242 crane cam. so, I have all that together and the motor spins great and has great compression. My jeep was the 2.5 so I cut the motor mounts and moved them so I could install the motor. It is in an bolted down fitting good with a 96 grand Cherokee automatic transmission with the wiring harness. I have power to everything and all seems to be working, so your wondering by now what my issue is. well , here it is. I used the fly wheel from a manual trans that fit and bolted on to the auto. The crank sensor is for a auto trans. I think this is where my issue is and why its not cranking up. also I am having trouble mating the 95 wiring harness to the 96 harness so that I can use the 95 dash gauges and the 95 column. I can bypass the column and just use my snap on start button to spin the motor over, but due to the crank sensor I believe my injectors are not pulsing. I due smell fuel and I have made sure that the pump is working. I due have spark and the timing is correct. also, I have a concern that I have spun the motor over to many times trying to start it, cause it feels and sounds like its getting tighter. It does have new oil in it and a good filter. also, I wondered if the injectors are pulsing and the cylinders are getting hydro locked from to much fuel. Any advance from yall would be helpful. Thank yall.
First I would get a flex plate for a 4.2 with an auto trans. And I would definitely prime the engine oil by removing the distributor and spinning it with a drill. Take off the valve cover to see that you are getting oil out the push rods, although it sounds like it may be too late for this to matter.