2.5 to 4.0 swap list

G

gixxerkid3

HI all.
Question. For my ‘92YJ, swapping from a 2.5l manual to a 4.0l manual…If I had a donor engine / transmission / ECU and wire harness and was using my NP231 transfer case, what other items would I need to swap to a 4.0l?
I would assume a drive line set up, new engine mounts welded in, exhaust or exhaust mods, what else Would be needed?

Thanks

I think the NP 231 input shaft is different if I remember right. I am pretty sure I saw something on the Novak sight that had an adapter shaft.

Only swap I would consider is sell your 2.5 and buy a yj with a 4.0, unless you have a lot of experience in swaps…cheaper and easier.

Only swap I would consider is sell your 2.5 and buy a yj with a 4.0, unless you have a lot of experience in swaps…cheaper and easier.
I thought of that; however, I have friends that do have experience and I have mechanical skills. No biggie. I am just researching right now anyway and my Jeep is in awesome shape. I was just looking for a winter project.

I thought of that; however, I have friends that do have experience and I have mechanical skills. No biggie. I am just researching right now anyway and my Jeep is in awesome shape. I was just looking for a winter project.
Sounds great. There are a few YouTube videos showing the swap that probably discuss the parts needed

Sounds great. There are a few YouTube videos showing the swap that probably discuss the parts needed
There is but not like I would like, but yeah it’s close. Wifey is really not on board with it but she keeps telling me I need a project. Lol, go figure huh?. Thanks