1994 upholstery search

RealOkie

I'm pretty much an original equipment guy, and the driver's seat needs replacing. Have been unable to find a suitable replacement online and am now looking at a different solution. If anyone has original front seat upholstery, spice color, I would be interested in purchasing it. On the other hand, if you are interested in the upholstery in my YJ, passenger seat and rear seat, contact me. Both are in excellent condition.

All I know is that I've had very, very good luck in the past with taking upholstery projects to local upholstery shops. If you find a good shop locally, they really know what they are doing, and while they are unlikely to be able to find you the original upholstery, they can usually find something that is very, very close.

I do not live in an area with a lot of upholstery shops. The one decent one here came up with a close match but the price was quite a bit more than I wanted to pay for one seat, and since the Jeep is 26 years old I can only assume the upholstery on the other seats will fail sooner than later. I plan to order a set from Seatz, and will let everyone know how they turned out.

I have not tried those but I do have experience in swapping out my seats. I ordered a pair of front seats and a back seat online and went with the cheapest I could get at the time because of low funds. They were not comfortable and didn’t take the weather well at all. Bought a 98 Cherokee for parts that had leather electric bucket seats and they are comfortable to sit in and I like the electric because it has up and down in front and back plus forward and backwards. Just throwing in my two cents. Good luck

There are many seats that fit YJs, if you’re open to non-stock. I’ve got leather Sprinter van seats and couldn’t be happier

My seats are in great condition with the exception of the upholstery on the drivers seat is worn and splitting at the seams. The passenger and back seats are original and in great condition. I do need to replace the driver's seat before the foam starts getting torn up. I've been researching Seatz Mfg and from comments and communications with them will probably buy their covers. They are custom made, and I think $275 for both front seats is reasonable. Plus they sent vinyl samples for a reasonable cost. You can even pick custom colors from their collection for $25 upgrade. I'll take pictures when I install and post them.

Prime example: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=114356508315

5ED5920F-F77E-46C7-A224-E5647DBD612F.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler YJ Forum may be compensated.
I've got the same exact thing in the back of my 94. I might pay that amount for a front seat in the original spice tweed. But I don't think I will pay $720 (local upholster quote) to come close.