1992 Jeep YJ code 37 and no start

Taylor

92 YJ automatic will turn over, but will not start. I have fuel and spark. I’ve replaced fuel pump, filter, crank sensor, distributor, plugs, wires, relays, checked fuses, and has new computer. Throws code 37 which is torque converter short. I’m asking before I replace it if there is another common fix? I’ve attached a video of the motor turning over. You can hear it try and then it struggles to turn over. I’m wondering if my timing chain jumped. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_1887.MOV
    31.9 MB
Is your ASD circuit working? Is the fuel pump priming when you turn the key to on?

When you flip the key on, the ASD circuit is supposed to activate which provides power to all the injectors and the ignition coil. The PCM grounds each of those when it wants to operate them. If something is up with your ASD circuit then you may not be getting power to those items. The fuel pump relay operates at the same time as the ASD circuit so you need to check that too.

Do you remember if the distributor rotor was pointing at cyl 1 when the timing mark was aligned before you replaced it?

If the chain skipped, it would have been off.

Also, are you sure you didn't install the new distributor 180 out?