1990 4.2 no spark, tried everything but I ignition switch

Jharp59

I really am stuck. It sparks a little before and after i turn the ignition. No spark while cranking. Just a little when i stop cranking. New everything but the ignition switch. im stuck. Any help would be great.

I really am stuck. It sparks a little before and after i turn the ignition. No spark while cranking. Just a little when i stop cranking. New everything but the ignition switch. im stuck. Any help would be great.
Please elaborate on "everything".
Which Jeep is it, the 90 or one of the 95s?

It’s the 1990 6 cyl 4.2. “Everything” includes the ignition control module, coil, distributor cap, rotor and pickup. Different ECM as well. I get .60 volts on the orange and purple wires from the ICM to the distributor, and when i nutter bypass. Any clues?

It’s the 1990 6 cyl 4.2. “Everything” includes the ignition control module, coil, distributor cap, rotor and pickup. Different ECM as well. I get .60 volts on the orange and purple wires from the ICM to the distributor, and when i nutter bypass. Any clues?
OK, that qualifies, but I'm afraid the computer controlled carburetor and separate ICM are out of my realm of expertise.
Mine is a '91, 2.5 with MPI.
I was chasing a similar gremlin that turned out to be a broken wire at the plug for the coil on the harness.
The harnesses are also known to corrode at the firewall connection.
I would try the switch first though it is a PITA, just be sure to tape the rod to column.
I didn't know about that and took a 2 hour fishing trip trying to get mine back in place.