1989 interior gauge light issue.

cameron.rw

I replaced my gauge lights with leds recently and all my lights worked fine. The bulb for the automatic selector was working but stopped working. If I wiggled the light It would come back on. I was doing that and the bulb socket sparked and all my interior gauge lights went out. I checked the fuses and all of them are good. I pulled one led out of my cluster and measured the voltage and it was at 3-4 volts. When I would put the bulb in I couldn't get a reading. I am thinking an led is shorted or if some other fuse/relys under the hood I don't know about could be the issue. Any help on getting to the bottom of this would be appreciated!!

I cut the auto selector light socket out to see if it was shorting. I have my gauge cluster out and I pulled a led out and I am measuring around 7v but no leds are lighting at all. I tired measuring voltage at the fuse and I get nothing, but if I pull the fuse I get 0 volts where I tested 7v. I don' t know what voltage it should be at, or if a shorted led could be doing this.