YJ wiper linkage

Are you interested in new wiper linkage kits for YJs?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why or why not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeepbilt

I make Jeep parts, up to now it has been CJ parts. I am in the prototype stage of a new wiper linkage kit for 1987-95 YJs. Polling for feedback, questions, etc.
The kit would consist of a new wiper motor crank arm, linkage with heim type joints, pivots and arms.The pivots and wiper arms were originally for the Humvee, full military, not to be confused with the Hummer from GM. Wiper blades would not be supplied, the Anco 31-12 is what I am using for prototyping. All parts are U.S. made. My top vendors asked me to look into this because they have had inquiries about YJ linkage. There is no plastic anywhere in the kit to wear out later.At this early stage, retail has been estimated at $250.00, that is a maximum figure and will likely be $25 to $50. less than that. Quality first and foremost, this kit will outlast most windshield frames. Using heim ends, it is adjustable which could be helpful with aftermarket W/S frames as has been the case with the CJ linkage I already make. My current CJ kits use regular rod ends, not heim type, but that will be changing by late Summer or early Fall. To check my bona fides, look me up on Facebook, Parts! by George.

If you have questions, I usually get to the computer in the evenings, I will respond.
Thank you, I appreciate your time.

The primary problem is the bushings wear out. Dorman has a selection pack, only one bushing in the pack fits. There are 2 sizes in the YJ linkage and only one bushing size that fits.

My linkage is not connected to my wiper motor and I've been trying to figure out how to connect it back up or what I am missing in the first place.

I make Jeep parts, up to now it has been CJ parts. I am in the prototype stage of a new wiper linkage kit for 1987-95 YJs. Polling for feedback, questions, etc.
The kit would consist of a new wiper motor crank arm, linkage with heim type joints, pivots and arms.The pivots and wiper arms were originally for the Humvee, full military, not to be confused with the Hummer from GM. Wiper blades would not be supplied, the Anco 31-12 is what I am using for prototyping. All parts are U.S. made. My top vendors asked me to look into this because they have had inquiries about YJ linkage. There is no plastic anywhere in the kit to wear out later.At this early stage, retail has been estimated at $250.00, that is a maximum figure and will likely be $25 to $50. less than that. Quality first and foremost, this kit will outlast most windshield frames. Using heim ends, it is adjustable which could be helpful with aftermarket W/S frames as has been the case with the CJ linkage I already make. My current CJ kits use regular rod ends, not heim type, but that will be changing by late Summer or early Fall. To check my bona fides, look me up on Facebook, Parts! by George.

If you have questions, I usually get to the computer in the evenings, I will respond.
Thank you, I appreciate your time.
I need a new kit

Bought an aftermarket kit that gets the wiper blades to lay down even with the bottom edge of the windshield. I gutted the interior when I did my motor swap to make the removal/installation of the wiring harnesses and found getting to the inner workings of the wiper linkages pretty easy...Just have to remove the motor and I would advise spraying the toggles down with penetrating oil and they pry loose pretty easy....

That's the upgrade that I will buy but first I need new linkage and pivots that I can not find brand new. I can't find a kit.

Anyone know of a replacement or substitute for the plastic bushing? Mine disintegrated on a long drive in the rain / snow, which made for a hard trip home with only passenger side wiper working