What's the craziest thing you have found on your skid plates?

Concho YJ

IMG_20210130_144527911.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Many years ago on a hunting trip with my brother in law driving in his YJ one night , we were caught in snow squall on already ice/snowy roads. An unexpected turn came up (a "Y" in the road) and some confusion ensued on which was the correct way to go... "left, no right", the poor choice at a quick attempt in changing direction sent us sliding down the road sideways. First it looked like we'd go off the road and into a ditch. Then we changed directions 180 degree and it looked like we'd crash into some ancient maple trees in front of a farm house. When we straightened back out again I yelled "Go into the field! Go into the field!", which was in the middle of the Y. So we plowed out about 30 yards out into the farmer's field which still had some standing corn around the perimeter. We finally stopped and then quickly backed out and got the hell out of there before the farmer came out.

Anyway.. some time later he took it in to have a new clutch put in. Afterwards the mechanic came to him and said 'You know, your transmission was full of corn?" (skid plate no doubt) My brother in law said you could tell the mechanic was dying for more information, but he just played it off, "okay".

Reactions: Chris and Concho YJ
Haha, that grass was actually growing there? Damn, I guess it liked the shade!

The most I've ever found is buttloads of dirt and rocks.