Vacuum lines and blocking off old emission lines

90Tang

We purchased this jeep knowing that it needed quite a bit of work. Went through all the brakes, exhaust system, and then started working on the electrical system. Only 3 things worked, headlights, 1 turn signal, and the blower motor. Looking closer there must of been a fire or something shorted out. Took apart the fuse block and it was totally melted inside, it a wonder anything worked. Ordered a complete Painless wiring harness and I have it installed. Installed new spark plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor. But still having some starting and keeping it running. Also installed a motor craft carb (rebuilt). Most of the emission hoses and vacuum line were already gone when we purchased. When I put the new exhaust system on I took out the catalytic converter. What I am looking for is if anyone else has done the swap with the 2 barrel motor craft carb and where the vacuum lines are routed and what emission lines are plugged or disregarded. Pictures or a drawing would be extremely helpful.

Reactions: Chris
We purchased this jeep knowing that it needed quite a bit of work. Went through all the brakes, exhaust system, and then started working on the electrical system. Only 3 things worked, headlights, 1 turn signal, and the blower motor. Looking closer there must of been a fire or something shorted out. Took apart the fuse block and it was totally melted inside, it a wonder anything worked. Ordered a complete Painless wiring harness and I have it installed. Installed new spark plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor. But still having some starting and keeping it running. Also installed a motor craft carb (rebuilt). Most of the emission hoses and vacuum line were already gone when we purchased. When I put the new exhaust system on I took out the catalytic converter. What I am looking for is if anyone else has done the swap with the 2 barrel motor craft carb and where the vacuum lines are routed and what emission lines are plugged or disregarded. Pictures or a drawing would be extremely helpful.
I just did the Motorcraft 2150 swap on mine. Only vaccume lines that remain on mine are.... 1- distributor advance (ported vaccum) 2- brake booster ( manifold vacuum) and 3- pcv valve.... keep in mind if you still have vacuum actuated 4wd you will need an additional vacuum line for that......start simple with these three. Then after it is running good you can introduce items such as charcoal canister, EGR. Etc. One at a time making sure each system is functioning properly

I just did the Motorcraft 2150 swap on mine. Only vaccume lines that remain on mine are.... 1- distributor advance (ported vaccum) 2- brake booster ( manifold vacuum) and 3- pcv valve.... keep in mind if you still have vacuum actuated 4wd you will need an additional vacuum line for that......start simple with these three. Then after it is running good you can introduce items such as charcoal canister, EGR. Etc. One at a time making sure each system is functioning properly
Thanks, its a good start, I appreciate the information.