Troublesome engine code 2006 GMC Sierra

SirDoopYJ

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
*2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Automatic 4.8l Crew Cab
78,000 miles

*Engine light code p0446 Evaporative emission control system vent control circuit malfunction.

I am having an issue trying to resolve the code for emissions so that I can get an inspection sticker. I have changed out the evap sensor canister solenoid along with its hoses that lead to the charcoal canister and the other filter(I am not sure what the filter is called, it looks like a cb radio mic). It also came with new wiring. I have also changed out the gas cap. I used to have trouble fueling at the gas station. The pump would stop constantly, but since changing the canister solenoid I no longer have issues pumping in fuel, so I figured I fixed the issue.

The engine light never turned off, so I used my code reader to clear it. I drove more than 100 miles after clearing the code and on my way to the inspection office my engine light came on again for same code. I am not sure what else to look into. The charcoal canister seems fine, we blew air through it and it didnt't seem clogged. I may have to bring it to a local mechanic.

TL/DR
The engine light reappears after clearing and driving more than 100 miles. I have changed out Canister solenoid and it's hoses and fuel cap. The charcoal canister doesn't seem clogged. I also use to have trouble fueling at gas pump. That is no longer an issue since solenoid change.
Any ideas before I bring it to the mechanic?