Swapping XJ 4.0 with aw4 into 89 YJ.

Prepdout86

I have a 1989 Jeep yj that i got with no engine. My plan was to pick up a 4.0 and convert to carb and drop motor in. At this point i decided to do a full 4.0 swap with aw4 transmission. Besides the obvious of needing the computers, harnesses, sensors and fuel pump. What else should I pull from the xj. I have the whole truck. Also is there a link that I could go to to figure out how to wire up the engine bay and get everything working together.

I have a 1989 Jeep yj that i got with no engine. My plan was to pick up a 4.0 and convert to carb and drop motor in. At this point i decided to do a full 4.0 swap with aw4 transmission. Besides the obvious of needing the computers, harnesses, sensors and fuel pump. What else should I pull from the xj. I have the whole truck. Also is there a link that I could go to to figure out how to wire up the engine bay and get everything working together.
Pretty sure you're gonna need a 91-up cluster to work with the electronic speedo and 4.0 sensors. A quick google of '4.0 AW4 into YJ' will net you quite a few threads of those who have done it with some nuggets of info. There are a couple who have swapped the entire XJ drivetain into earlier YJs like yours.

Shortly after getting my YJ, I searched about an AW4 swap out of sheer curiosity. There's plenty of info out there.
I decided to just retain my 32RH after reading about their durability and simplicity. Plus, mine only had 126K on it at the time.