Soft top recommendations?

Bill11292YJ

I am looking to replace the soft top on a 1992 Wrangler YJ. Does any one have any recommendations on brand, style, and or retailer. I just started looking but with so many options id really appreciate any info any one can help with. Just fyi im looking to replace frame and fabric. Thank You so much!!!!

Reactions: Kenray
Well, to start with the best soft top you can get hands down is Bestop. Bestop is the OEM supplier to Mopar (Jeep) for the factory soft tops.

There are many tops out there, but none of them are the same level of quality as the Bestop tops. So you have to decide. Are you willing to spend more money, do it right the first time, and get a top that lasts you 10+ years? Or do you want to get a cheaper top (i.e. Smittybilt) that will last 2-3 years?

If you want a top that will replace both the frame and fabric and give you top notch quality, I would suggest this one:

You'll find it available in three colors here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004P1WN46/?tag=yjforum-20

Again, it's not cheap, but the difference between this top and a cheaper top is it's going to last you well over 10 years, where the cheaper ones don't last more than 2-3 before they have issues.

Reactions: Bill11292YJ