Soft top doors

Whiplash2130

YJ Enthusiast
Some time ago I ordered and installed a new Bestop soft top for my ‘93 YJ. I love the Spice colored top. It has square upper corners and the doors that came with it were full size rounded corner doors. I was dealing with 4WP. They happily took them back and sent a set of 1/2 doors which I did not want or order. Then they sent another set of full doors but these have the mounting (tubes and pins) in the wrong locations. So they asked me to take the entire top off and send it back! I declined. I decided to keep what I had. It’s been over a year now and I’m still looking for a fix for the mis-alignment of the pins so I can have doors on my YJ. Have you done a fix for this? Where did you get the parts?

I could be wrong on this But Im thinking the metal lower door tops are square cornered and bestops full soft tops doors are round corner type. Id get on the phone with bestop with any part numbers from the top 4pwp sent and ask Bestop what top you have,a factory replacement for hard lower door top or a full non oem bestop top. Your issue is just one more reason I sell my jeep if shit for brains wholesalers was the only jeep parts and accessory house. Both replacement doors were purchased directly thru bestop, just takes one call.

I could be wrong on this But Im thinking the metal lower door tops are square cornered and bestops full soft tops doors are round corner type. Id get on the phone with bestop with any part numbers from the top 4pwp sent and ask Bestop what top you have,a factory replacement for hard lower door top or a full non oem bestop top. Your issue is just one more reason I sell my jeep if shit for brains wholesalers was the only jeep parts and accessory house. Both replacement doors were purchased directly thru bestop, just takes one call.
I’ve already been through all that with 4WP without success. I agreed with them to keep what I have and to make my own fix. The purpose of this post is to see if anyone else has done this same modification and to find out what parts and procedures you used. Thanks for your reply!