Small Heater Core Leak

Wjp9

Hello! I have a new-to-me 1990 YJ with 140,000 miles. The Jeep has been maintained by one previous owner and is in overall great shape for it’s age.

i pulled the carpets as I am planning on bed-lining the floors. I have since noticed a very small amount (Tablespoon) of coolant that pools on the passenger floor daily.
I can see the probable area of the leak as the base of the heater core housing where the two plastic pieces come together. There is a black gooey sealant material around the majority of this seam, but it is missing from the leaking area.

Heater core seems to be functioning as I have measured temp from the heat vents to be 175 degrees, the inlet and outlet hoses that run through the firewall are both hot, the amount of coolant in the system stays full.

My plan is to flush the heater core and see if that helps. I am up-in-the-air about dumping a sealant in the system (read mixed things). Any other advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks!

C57105D0-99BD-42FC-B954-4E3508CEE480.jpeg

D2892D4D-68B6-4468-857A-92A692093154.jpeg

I'll wager a flush will increase that leak a bit. Sealants are a iffy proposition. Bars leak is nasty buy Ive seen Alumiseal in the little tube work OK but its just a matter if time before you'll need to replace the core. Just make sure its not a small leak from a hose where they connect to the core nipples sticking thru the firewall and migrating back into the cab.