Should I get a slip yoke eliminator with my lift?

smgager

This is a rhetorical question at this point as the answer is yes I should have.
-4908108796255964289.jpg

That always sucks..
Only discovered my YJ had a slip yoke arrangement after I bought it and I was not happy about it.
After I put a 2.5" lift on mine, then couldn't drive more than 40mph without sounding like I was stuffing it in reverse.
Probably could have taken the shims off the lift springs and gotten away with it, but the shaft would have to be lengthened.
3 years later I finally got access to a lift and got the SYE installed with new CV driveshafts, smooth as silk.
Hat's off to Tom Woods Custom!
If you're running a lunchbox locker in your front 30, spend the extra $ and do both shafts.

Reactions: RoxxRocks and Chris
Haha, you are right indeed!

While you can always lower the transfer case, a SYE is definitely the right way to go about things.

Reactions: RoxxRocks
I just ordered parts. I'm going to go ahead and rebuild the transfer case replacing bearings, seals, and the chain when I install the slip yoke eliminator. While I am in there I am going to switch out the shift selector plate with one for a TJ. This will give me a true neutral in the NP 231 transfer case for flat towing.

Also adding Tom Woods double cardan driveshafts front and back.

Should be fun.

Here is a link showing the shift selector plate: https://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/transfer-cases/np231

Outstanding!
If you haven't done so already, check out the videos on Tom Woods site, they know their stuff!
You will first have to install the lift, again, if you haven't done so already to get the correct measurements.
Wish I had known about that sector shaft while my T-case was apart...But Thank You for the info!