Rust bucket

Doncheva

Hello,

I recently inherited my father-in-law’s 95 Rio Grande. We live by the beach and don’t have a garage. I want to restore and maintain it as much as possible but don’t know what I’m doing.

The soft top plastic windows won’t clean
The bottom parts are rusting
Overall low miles for the age 130k with over 30k tow miles.

Please any suggestions. I want this thing to live forever I love it so much

IMG_3676.jpeg

IMG_2579.jpeg

IMG_2578.jpeg

welcome to the forum. you are half on your way, do the fact that you want tp keep it. covers and window are easy purchased. you have very low mileage. the hose you have in your hand, is vent for diff, attaches to radiator by a clip or what ever, paint looks good from what i see, tires may have age ? , with the prices of other vehicles, you can afford to spend a little and you will have a good machine. pictures did not show much rust. with some help from the other guys on forum, who know more than me, i bet you can build a real good looking machine. good luck

Jeeps are notorious for rotting frames. Before you get to ahead of yourself you should inspect the frame 100% INSIDE and outside. Look thru the holes in the frame where there are elongated holes. stick a flash light in there and check for flaking and rust. Spring hangers, the area between the frame and belly pan/skid plate. This is no joke and its no out of the question to replace a frame or have to weld on safety caps if its that bad.

Reactions: ytradio