Radiator recommendation

trapdadx2

Looking for good quality 2 or 3 row radiator that wont leak after 1 year . I'm going through a 93 YJ for client that is heading out the high California desert . It started ruining in the 220 range on freeway or pulling a hill . ( hasn't ever done this before last year ) seems to be getting worse . Goes right back to 180 when on flat freeway . This is at about 75-85 ambient temp . As precaution and age of parts. I already installed the high flow waterpump , 180 degree high flow tstat , and high flow tstat housing . Checked compression and leak down , LD test was around 10-12% all cylinders. Radiator cap pressure tests good . Any recommendations on a proven good radiator would be greatly appreciated . Need to get this kid on the trails and not worry about overheat .

The best radiator you can get is an OE Mopar radiator, make no mistake about it.

If you can find an OE Mopar radiator, you'd be stupid not to get one. So far I have yet to find any aftermarket radiator that won't start to leak in a year or two, even the higher end radiators like Griffin, Mishimoto, etc.

Reactions: trapdadx2
The best radiator you can get is an OE Mopar radiator, make no mistake about it.

If you can find an OE Mopar radiator, you'd be stupid not to get one. So far I have yet to find any aftermarket radiator that won't start to leak in a year or two, even the higher end radiators like Griffin, Mishimoto, etc.
thanks for the input . That's kind of what i was thinking . Just hope it helps drop the temps a bit .

thanks for the input . That's kind of what i was thinking . Just hope it helps drop the temps a bit .

As long as it's running within the factory temperature ranges, you're good to go. You don't want it to run below that, as your engine will run less efficiently. The engine was designed to run at a certain temp, and running too cool is actually a bad thing (y)

Thanks for the follow up . It was just creeping up past 220 got to 250 on a 100 degree day while pulling a hill . Turned heater on went back down , good thing the kid knows that one . I couldn't find a Mopar one soon . So I used what we could get , a Murry unit from Orielys . Being a 30 year master BMW tech i was very leary . I put it in and drove it like i stole it for 25 miles or so pulling hills sitting at idle and everything in between and it stayed below 210 the whole time . He's is leaving for a 200 mile trip tomorrow morning . We will see how the $120 Murry one works .
Thanks again

Reactions: Chris