Need Jeep help

JaeRae

Looking at a 93 YJ 180k miles owned by mechanic in good condition. No rust, hard top, automatic. What is a fair price range? Thanks
49F5766E-6AB4-4493-9AF8-69259CB722E8.jpeg

Fair or going price? Your gonna find prices all over the place IMO. Id say in the western states Ca, AZ,NM etc upwards of $7000 and there is always the guy who'll ask 10K ++. Id be thrilled to only pay $5K for it if it runs and the inside is as good as the outside looks. Look close underneath for rust, mass coats of undercoating. Rewelded spring hangars or repairs on the frame. No rust around the skid plate bolts kinda thing.

Ouch..thats pretty steep. But as I mentioned area can throw a huge price variance on these things. Look on Craigslist and the like and price compare to that one. 4.0 HO engine? A/C that works.doors in perfect shape with working windows and handles in and out? No leaks or signs of rust on the floor pan or underneath? Thats all stuff to toss around. Lots will tell you to buy a TJ for that price. I was curious so I looked at Jeeps in FL, yep not cheap but I did find a TJ Rubi in Hampstead for $9500. Thats a good price for the last of the traditional (real) jeeps.

Last edited:
Prices now are INSANE......There's generally two prices, What they want, And what you're willing to give......
I'd show up with 8500 cash, Start at 7 and dicker upward if necessary.....But you need to pay close attention to underneath....
Especially the frame from stem to stern....Crawling underneath and running your hands along the top of the frame and checking
the recesses inside the body.....Jeeps generally rust out from these areas............