My 1991 wrangler has got me stumped

Gadavis

Ok first off I would like to introduce myself as a first time wrangler owner and let me explain a little how this became I bought this 1991 wrangler yj that my intentions were to quickly revive it from the dead and give it new life and so I began the quest after putting some time and effort into this project and after driving it around town it became quite clear that I was not going to bring it back to life and flip it for a quick buck that’s right I know it sounds crazy but this jeep is now like a family member so after a little money and a lot of time it’s coming along however I ran into a couple of issues and was wondering if I could get some advice here is my issue I’ve had since I bought this 1991 yj I thought I had it fixed but I was wrong let me explain; Ok this jeep runs perfect when the temp outside is around 40 degrees outside but below that it absolutely is a different animal it takes forever for the two light on the dash I think if I’m not mistaken it’s the service required and the service engine light that have to be lit simultaneously but the service required flashes for a while then after a good 20 min becomes solid and then the other light comes on but it’s very dim after a little while it slowly becomes brighter until it matches the other light after this finally happens depending on how cold it is outside it starts right up and runs great however if I don’t wait and try to start it before those lights are completely bright it will start but it spits and sputters almost like it’s not getting fuel it bacc C fries cuts out and stalls but will fire right back up but if I try to give it some gas then the same thing happens I have put a new fuel pump, filter, fuel pressure regulator,new fuel lines,alternator, starter it’s got a plastic tank so I cleaned it out and it does the same thing last night I was driving it home it ran great all day long but last night the temp dropped to about 35 degree’s and on the highway going 60mph bam it did it again just shuts off and the spit and sputters almost as if it were out of gas but sometimes starting back up and runs like it’s supposed to but just when I think it’s gonna run good until I get home then it does the same thing all over again does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this headache I’m having please feel free to comment thank you

i would check the basics first, plugs to be sure they are right ones, cap, rotor, wires, sensors, work toward the pcm, good luck and safe jeeping.