Matching YJ color?

cameron.rw

I have a 1989 4.2 and I am sure my color is this PA4 silver metallic. I am looking for what the modern replacement would be. I have been looking up the code from the photo and have found nothing. Thanks for the help!

IMG_0650.PNG

I believe I found this up on a eBay auction. Ill have to look to find it online again. I'm just trying to figure out what the modern touch up paint code would be.

Well I'd imagine it is. If that is the colors available for 1989 wranglers then mine has to be that color. I am pretty sure it hasn't been repainted. I think the paint code sticker used to be inside the jeeps interior but its been bedlined so I doubt I could find it. I am trying to find some sort of touch up paint that matches it.

The paint code should be listed on the body trim tag located on the driver side of your firewall, you'll find it on the second line...try the following to sort it out. Excerpt is from a 1990 Jeep Wrangler shop manual but the trim plate specifics should be the same...
D0B5A39F-1E0D-4111-BB68-DC15206CBB62.jpg

D0B5A39F-1E0D-4111-BB68-DC15206CBB62.jpg

Here is where is says PA4 on my plate so that has to be it. I’m seeing some online for sale with that paint code but are around $40 for a spray can. Is there some way to find an exact match through this paint code? Or am I just going to have to match it by sight. I am only I’m trying to spray one small corner.

46E871D2-8BCB-43E0-B5A3-465B216DDA30.jpeg

I admit, I'm not well versed when it comes to paint issues except to say that the flake size in the mix will make a difference when it comes to matching the area you will be shooting to the surrounding area. Did you engage the reps at the two links provided and are you shooting the paint yourself?