California Looking for someone in the Bay Area to rebuild my engine!

Broken1992yj

Hey all,
The time has come. My jeeps 4.0 has 255k and it just took a HUGE dump. Wobbly distributor, sensors are freaking out, ect. Since it’s up there in age I think it’s time to rebuild! Sadly I have the mechanic skills of a potato. It would be great to find someone in the Bay Area who could rebuild my engine, replace the sensors, and also splice in a non burnt harness going to the Injectors. I’ve called around locally to shops but I don’t trust mechanic shops at all. Any help or info would be great!

256F44FA-0BF7-45FC-AC1B-58FFBFB47BAD.jpeg

UPDATE: replaced my MAP sensor, tightened my distributor clamp, and put a bottle of seafoam down the throttle body and she’s good as new! The distributor still wobbles like crazy though... but no check engine and tomorrow I’m putting a new belt and another seafoam bottle and I guess she will keep on chugging!

Reactions: redbullet and Chris
Happy to hear that! 255k is pretty low for a 4.0. I know of a guy who was well over 600k miles on his before selling it. Original engine and nothing other then basic routine maintenance and a few transmission rebuilds.

What I'd do...Go to Golen Engines and get them to build you a Stroker...They build it and then send you a YouTube of YOUR engine being broke in and Dyno'd
on their engine room stand....Then find a reputable shop to install it...After you take down all the stamped numbers to insure no shenanigans take place....
They do everything from short block to turn key.....