Hello From Florida

zebraranger

Hello Everyone, My name is Rick and I'm in the Tampa Bay area, Florida. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks just reading up on most of your posts in search of YJ knowledge. I decided to join up a few days ago, and thank you all for having me. I'm also new to the Wrangler YJ. I recently made a trade deal on a very well kept and maintained 93 YJ with the 4.0 HO motor. I'm trading a 2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Edition for it and I must say, I'm pretty pumped about it.

I haven't taken possession yet because the YJ is in one state and I'm in another, and were about 8 hours apart. We've had several phone conversations and have exchanged detailed photo's of each vehicle and made the deal over the phone. We've decided to meet at the halfway point to do the trade and pending both parties inspections and test drives, I'll be bringing the YJ home.

It has 120,000 on the OD, new 33” ko2 tires (white letters in photo), new hub bearings, U joints & tie rod ends. No rust on the body, frame or undercarriage, (its a southern vehicle). Comes with soft enclosure, a full enclosure for storage, two doors and two sets of windows. LED headlights, winch, off road Auxiliary LED's and a nice stereo with overhead mounted speakers. He says it drives tight and everything works as it should, and he assures me that I wont be disappointed.

A couple of pics.
838x650p.jpg

838x629-P-Enh.jpg

Hello Everyone, My name is Rick and I'm in the Tampa Bay area, Florida. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks just reading up on most of your posts in search of YJ knowledge. I decided to join up a few days ago, and thank you all for having me. I'm also new to the Wrangler YJ. I recently made a trade deal on a very well kept and maintained 93 YJ with the 4.0 HO motor. I'm trading a 2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Edition for it and I must say, I'm pretty pumped about it.

I haven't taken possession yet because the YJ is in one state and I'm in another, and were about 8 hours apart. We've had several phone conversations and have exchanged detailed photo's of each vehicle and made the deal over the phone. We've decided to meet at the halfway point to do the trade and pending both parties inspections and test drives, I'll be bringing the YJ home.

It has 120,000 on the OD, new 33” ko2 tires (white letters in photo), new hub bearings, U joints & tie rod ends. No rust on the body, frame or undercarriage, (its a southern vehicle). Comes with soft enclosure, a full enclosure for storage, two doors and two sets of windows. LED headlights, winch, off road Auxiliary LED's and a nice stereo with overhead mounted speakers. He says it drives tight and everything works as it should, and he assures me that I wont be disappointed.

A couple of pics.
View attachment 119198
View attachment 119199
Welcome!
Very Nice, Clean looking ride!

Reactions: zebraranger
I love Florida - my parents used to live close to Tampa in Apollo Beach. Hope to move there and take my YJ with me someday!

I'm right next to Apollo Beach, Brandon/Riverview area. Same county (Hillsborough). Not as much nice area to explore as your area, but definitely year round Jeepin weather here.

Reactions: Sunsport
I'm right next to Apollo Beach, Brandon/Riverview area. Same county (Hillsborough). Not as much nice area to explore as your area, but definitely year round Jeepin weather here.
Nice! I've spend a lot of time in the area - lots of great communities and things to do - great weather too!

And you are right, here in Nova Scotia there are for sure better Jeep trails here with every type of terrain - which you can do year round, however with a classic Jeep like a YJ, best to keep it off the road in the winter - too much salt. Very few Jeeps left here older than a TJ for that reason. I had to bring my Jeep up from the southern US - no good ones here!

Yes, it is a very sharp jeep. I have a 93 YJ that has needed everything. I live near Crystal River, FL. Look your frame over very carefully and body mounts.
Sorry to hear that about your 93 YJ. Definitely, after reading a few posts about the frame and the tub mounts rusting out, I'll be crawling underneath with a good light inspecting those areas, skid plate and all running gear underneath. He says its all good, but I'll verify.
Nice! I've spend a lot of time in the area - lots of great communities and things to do - great weather too!

And you are right, here in Nova Scotia there are for sure better Jeep trails here with every type of terrain - which you can do year round, however with a classic Jeep like a YJ, best to keep it off the road in the winter - too much salt. Very few Jeeps left here older than a TJ for that reason. I had to bring my Jeep up from the southern US - no good ones here!

The few Jeeps and other vehicles that I've seen from up north, didnt handle the winters very well or for very long before the rust started to get to them. I'm assuming from road salt. Vehicles here are pretty much rust free and you can easily identify the northern vehicles that pop up for sale here.

For off roading here, all we really have is sand or mud. Lots of woods still left, but its still sand and mud in those woods. Most of the forest roads such as up in the Ocala National Forest dont last long before turning into deep rutted mud holes from all the rain in the spring & summer.

The summers here combined with the high humidity can be brutal. Honestly I'm hoping to retire to Eastern Tennessee or Western North Carolina somewhere in the Smoky Mountains region. Preferably Tennessee for income tax reasons. I've ridden my two wheelers up there a lot over the last 13 years or so during vacations.

It has some of the most beautiful scenery and some of the best twisty motorcycle roads in the country. I've also run across many forest roads in that region that would be nice for Wrangler exploring..

Reactions: Brian

A couple of pics.
View attachment 119198
View attachment 119199
Hello Rick! I am also new here and live just NE from Tampa ( Weeki Wachee).Keep in touch. I know lots of interesting people in Tampa area that are Jeep owners..

Rick, if you ever need some powder coating done, please let me know. I know someone close to you that does an absolute bang up job. Bonnie Brock at Specialty Powder Ciating in Zephirhills.