Hanging fuel line ?

Imagrits101

Hello!

A few years ago, the gas tank was replaced on my 88 wrangler. There was a hanging line come from the frame. I have NO clue what it goes to? I do know that the gas evaporates pretty quickly from the tank. I've looked at schematics and other drawings but I still don't know that I've found the correct thing. It's hanging from the frame. Where does it go and where is it coming from?
Is it supposed to go into a charcoal cannister? Which is not on the jeep anymore. How should it be vented? As high as gas is right now I do not want to waste anything.

20220529_134715.jpg

20220529_134435.jpg

20220529_134412.jpg

Id guess your right on the money with it went to the charcoal canister. I really cant imagine it causing the evap issue,however fumes would be more like it. Id see if I can locate a canister from a junk yard if nothing else and keep searching for a schematic to hook one up. The older ones (pre electronic emission controls)all basically do the same thing,fumes or fuel in and a vac line out to purge the can when the engine is running.
Cut and paste the above and you should see a 87 to 95 wrangler fuel line schematic. However It might be useless if the other 50 lbs of smog crap are gone off your jeep.