Front leaf springs

Tev

image.jpg

So ran into another problem. The old leafs look as if the top part was cut off. I can’t get the new ones to sit right with that little notch on it. Any suggestions?
image.jpg
image.jpg

If you look on the spring pad on the axle side, there is a hole where the centering pin goes. In your photo, it's between the u-bolt and spring. It may take some jacking, prying etc to get it lined up, but it will go in there.

If you look on the spring pad on the axle side, there is a hole where the centering pin goes. In your photo, it's between the u-bolt and spring. It may take some jacking, prying etc to get it lined up, but it will go in there.
Yeah there looks to be a center hole but not really.
image.jpg

Yeah, it's there, just packed full of shit. Probably what's left or your old missing/rusted out centering pin on the old springs. Going to have to start using a pick or something to try to get it out, might even have to resort to a drill. But you need that pin in that hole to properly center and secure the springs. Judging by the pic of your old spring, the head of that pin probably broke/rusted off into the hole on the spring perch.

Yeah, it's there, just packed full of shit. Probably what's left or your old missing/rusted out centering pin on the old springs. Going to have to start using a pick or something to try to get it out, might even have to resort to a drill. But you need that pin in that hole to properly center and secure the springs.
Okay I couldn’t tell if it was or if they did that on purpose and I had the wrong leafs. I appreciate the help.