Finally, a YJ forum!

Squatch

Supporting Member
I've wandered into uncharted territory. Yes, the land of rectangular headlights and AMC instrumentation...and engines...and seats...;) Don't even own one yet, but it's been on my list of "likely will" vehicles for some time, now. Looking to get the same kind of education here that I got on the TJ Forum, so I can make an informed purchase in the future.

To those of you unfamiliar with the TJ Forum, you should check it out. It will give you an idea of what you're in for on the YJ Forum. Chris has set-up something special over there, and I'm looking forward to seeing it replicated here.

Best regards,
Squatch

Square headlights need love too, right?

I always used to hate them, but one day they just started growing on me, and now I think I may actually like them just as much (if not more) than the TJ.

One thing is for sure, I certainly like the dash better. The TJ dash and interior just doesn't do it fo rme.

Anyways, here's to hoping I can replicate a YJ equivalent of the TJ forum.

I agree with everything you stated above. Well, mostly. Not sure I like the square headlights as much as the round ones, but they surely no longer bother me like they once did. I think the YJ's time has come, and I really hope to see some great examples of them on this site. What I'm really looking forward to is finding out critical information, especially regarding what things to look for, and what to avoid.

The YJ had a decent run, so there's bound to be a wealth of information out there.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I agree with everything you stated above. Well, mostly. Not sure I like the square headlights as much as the round ones, but they surely no longer bother me like they once did. I think the YJ's time has come, and I really hope to see some great examples of them on this site. What I'm really looking forward to is finding out critical information, especially regarding what things to look for, and what to avoid.

The YJ had a decent run, so there's bound to be a wealth of information out there.

There seems to be enough in common with the YJ and the TJ. The 4.0 in the TJ is an evolution of the YJ engine, but there are of course differences.

The biggest difference being the leaf spring suspension. That of course makes things much easier in terms of not having to deal with links like you do on a TJ.

Reactions: Dmiz88 and Squatch
I've always had a nostalgic love for parallel leafs. Sure, it might not flex as well as coils, or ride as well as coils, but the look is so damned "vintage" that I just can't help myself. :)

Reactions: Chris
Yep, the leafs are nice. You won't get the same articulation as coils for sure, but it definitely makes things a lot easier to work on.

Reactions: Squatch
@Squatch you trimmed your beard!!! :LOL:

Now that I've overcome that shock..
I'm also really glad this forum is here too! Originally I was happy because I could have a place to post a "for sale" ad, but now that I've just spend the last 30 min wandering around like an abandoned child at the state fair... I uh,

.. want to keep mine (don't tell the girlfriend).

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and Chris
Now I just need to find all the YJ information I can and fill the resource and how-to sections with it.

I suspect it will take a while to become as popular as TJ Forum, but I don't doubt it will.

The thing is... now I'm really wanting a YJ :ROFLMAO:

@Squatch you trimmed your beard!!! :LOL:

Now that I've overcome that shock..
I'm also really glad this forum is here too! Originally I was happy because I could have a place to post a "for sale" ad, but now that I've just spend the last 30 min wandering around like an abandoned child at the state fair... I uh,

.. want to keep mine (don't tell the girlfriend).
Ha! That pic was from around 2003, or so. I had more hair color back then!

Glad you've decided to keep the YJ. That way, if it's not on the market, I don't have to try and convince myself that I need it... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq and Chris
Ha! That pic was from around 2003, or so. I had more hair color back then!

Glad you've decided to keep the YJ. That way, if it's not on the market, I don't have to try and convince myself that I need it... ;)
@Squatch dude! Great to see you over here! Figured the YJ’s were more your style as they are a little more vintage and only folks with acquired taste could like the YJ’s.

@Squatch dude! Great to see you over here! Figured the YJ’s were more your style as they are a little more vintage and only folks with acquired taste could like the YJ’s.
Yeah, you're right on both counts there, my friend! I tried to find the same enthusiasm for the JK (and the forum), but it just isn't happening. The trend to go "backwards" seems to be a way of life for me...;)

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Yeah, you're right on both counts there, my friend! I tried to find the same enthusiasm for the JK (and the forum), but it just isn't happening. The trend to go "backwards" seems to be a way of life for me...;)
Ha! I joined the JK forum as well but just couldnt get to the “buy-in,” stage. They are cool in all, but just not for me.

Reactions: Squatch
Having owned a JK, I do indeed like them for what they are, but in my mind, they just don't have the classic Jeep feel anymore unfortunately.

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I just like the older stuff when it comes to recreational / DIY vehicles.