Electrickery!

jpjeep26uk

YJ Enthusiast
Well, I'm back. And so is my Jeep. After three months at three different mechanics I got my Jeep back yesterday. Still not running.

So here is the latest for you wizards to fathom out....

On two occasions where she was trailered to mechanics, upon unloading, she started just fine, like nothing had ever happened. But come the next day or later on moving it into the workshop, she failed to start. Cranked yes, fuel flowing yes, battery full yes.

Final mech tool the tank off, put a new pump in that he knew was solid, cleaned the plastic tank and all the connections and no joy. Stripped the TBT and replaced the FPR and no joy. Put 3 gallons of low ethanol in the tank. No joy. Swapped out the ECU just in case, no joy.
Put a solid CPS on, no joy.

I'm thinking somewhere there is an electrical gremlin flippin me a tiny bird.

Noticed that the fuel gauge is reading below the bottom white line despite 3 gallons in there and the oil pressure gauge is also barely moving from zero despite a fresh load put in there last week and zero leaks.

Any idea on where I should start tracing electrics and opening the looms for any crappy connections or fritzy cables?

Anything stupidly obvious to check now we know it will run fine but only after unloading from a tilted trailer like in the pics?

Many thanks folks!

IMG_20240729_094840_378.jpg

Screenshot_20240828_132004_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Flyer58