Electrical/light issues out of nowhere 92 YJ

Okwaho 92YJ

All lights working fine then out of nowhere. Signal lights quit working ( fuse , flasher , bulbs all good ). Apply brake pedal and lights for signals on dashboard both come on and stay on until taking foot off brake pedal. ( brake lights come on when brake pedal applied). Applied brake pedal got out to check lights brake lights work with side marker lights lit up , front parking lights lit up , smh and said WTH , went back to release brake pedal noticed my dashboard lights lit up another WTH . Everything was fine and then this crap. Any help will be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance... 👍🇺🇸😎

I know what I'd look for first... a bad/open ground. First look under the hood, front of engine compartment just behind the headlights, left and right side, there are ground wires leading to the right/left side marker lights held down with sheet metal screws. Make sure those contacts are clean and snug. Then, on the right side of the engine block below the cylinder head and roughly above the starter, there is a grounding stud with more than one ground wire attached to it. Loosen this, clean, and reinstall.

Lastly, I installed a braided grounding strap across the right front engine mount to insure a good engine to frame grounding path.

Reactions: PapaGrande54
Checked and cleaned all the grounds I could find . Still have the same issues. SMH 🤦‍♂️. Have grounds from engine block to battery, block to firewall, body to frame, guess I can add a big beefy ground from motor to frame, won’t hurt nothing.