Door rebuild parts

Whiplash2130

YJ Enthusiast
Bought 2 YJ doors today, who has recommendations for buying rebuild parts?
4C4EDAF9-FBA3-42F5-88B3-CBE3D2C954EC.jpeg

Yes, door panels, handles, mirrors and all rubber. The steel looks good and the glass and cranks work fine. I looked some on Quadratec and found two kits.

I stripped down the first door today. Found an area on the upper surround that has been previously repaired. Looks like they used some kind of epoxy putty over a perforated metal. Definitely will remove and weld in a repair. Also found the usual crack at the bottom of the vent window post, an easy weld repair. Going to have it media blasted, primed and painted.

I
I stripped down the first door today. Found an area on the upper surround that has been previously repaired. Looks like they used some kind of epoxy putty over a perforated metal. Definitely will remove and weld in a repair. Also found the usual crack at the bottom of the vent window post, an easy weld repair. Going to have it media blasted, primed and painted.
Have you given any thought to posting your rebuild progress here? I would enjoy to see the process and progress towards, “like new.”.

Reactions: Whiplash2130
Ill
I

Have you given any thought to posting your rebuild progress here? I would enjoy to see the process and progress towards, “like new.”.
I’ll post what I can. Most work is being done by a 4x4 shop. In the mean time I picked a couple of used doors. I have stripped them down. This week I’ll be sending them to a friend of my son who does media blasting. When I get them back, a decision will be made as to wether they are worth fixing or not.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Just picked up a YJ for my daughter's first car and can't unlock it from outside the driver's door. After opening it up I see it is missing the linkage between the lock cylinder and the lock mechanism. the linkage have a 90 bend at the bottom with a clip and an "s" curve at the top with no clip. From the research I've done I believe the OEM part number I'm looking for is 4797152. I've searched all over to find this but haven't had any luck. Can anyone here help??

Just picked up a YJ for my daughter's first car and can't unlock it from outside the driver's door. After opening it up I see it is missing the linkage between the lock cylinder and the lock mechanism. the linkage have a 90 bend at the bottom with a clip and an "s" curve at the top with no clip. From the research I've done I believe the OEM part number I'm looking for is 4797152. I've searched all over to find this but haven't had any luck. Can anyone here help??
A lot late to respond, but I goggled your number and it came up with a mopar parts overstock site that looks like your best bet

parts@moparpartsoverstock.com. They have some parts. My jeep has all/thread rod that the PO fabricated into the door

parts@moparpartsoverstock.com. They have some parts. My jeep has all/thread rod that the PO fabricated into the door
Sounds like the same piece I am looking for. I bent my own rod (welding rod) and got some plastic clips from O'reily's. But the piece from the cylinder to the rod is a tough one. Just discovered a salvage yard in South Carolina "Davies". Lots of stuff, but call them.