Door latch assembly questions

cyberlines

Supporting Member
Hi, Tom here,
I've had my jeep for several years, 10 or 12, but have not really done much more than drive it. I recently picked up a set of half doors for it and the driver's side door is missing the latch assembly. I have a few questions about these. Are the right and left latches the same just installed turned over on one side or the other? Are the latch assemblies the same as the ones in the full doors? Is there an aftermarket manufacturer of these latch assemblies? Any idea where to get the one I need?
I can't get my jeep painted until the doors are fitted, looks kind of funny, red jeep with gold doors.

The 1/2 door latches are different than the full door latches.
looks like you can get the latch assemblies and handles off ebay.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler YJ Forum may be compensated.

Thank you, I'll check it out.

Thanks, I found one that is a new Mopar latch. Hopefully it is what it says it is. There was also one from China for about half the price, but I will stick with the OEM part. Thanks again, I've been searching for this for days!

Reactions: Stoopid Jeep
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler YJ Forum may be compensated.